How To: Hack a Hard Drive into a Hidden Flash Drive, Cell Phone Charger & More!

Hack a Hard Drive into a Hidden Flash Drive, Cell Phone Charger & More!

Recycle your hard drive into a hidden flash memory device that only you know how to turn on and use in secret. This DIY hack project allows you to recycle your broken hard drives back to life and turn them into something useful.

So far, this project has several functional uses:

1. LED desktop lamp. You can turn it into a light source for studying or a monitor light.
  2. Penholder. Keep track of all of your pens on your desktop!
  3. Cell phone stand and charger. It can hold your mobile device and charge it via USB at the same time as soon as you connect the cable.
  4. Hidden flash drive. You can have an undetectable flash drive that the computer cannot see, unless you trigger the LDR sensor by a single LED flashlight. The flashlight generates a small signal on the LDR surface and that small signal is enough to BASE Biasing of the transistor to allow a significant current through the relay coil and turn on the positive DC source for the flash drive.

You can download the PDF map with details and calculations of this project is available for download here for free. If you have any questions, you can comment, message me, or email me at the address listed on my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/SAMIMYS.

Here's the schematic diagram of this project:

Warnings

• Based on your Flash Memory Datasheet, find the current ratings and calculate all the circuit resistors based on your flash-memory,amount of LEDs,and type of your cellphone.

do not exceed the standard USB current ratings of your PC Mainboard. care about security,

put those security officers carefully there on the circuit, i mean the resistors.

• tip:

your cellphone would get off while charged so you don't need a circuit breaker or regulator for that. just connect directly calculate the current.

Mistake:

there is a 2Kohm resistor variable in the circuit for controlling the LDR current, i forgot the zero, it is actually 20K ohm.

Notes about the schematic:
1.on the PDF, there is a Variable Resistor 2Kohms, i forgot the Zero, sorry, it is 20Kohms.
2.the DC source polarities for LED's mistakenly connected in reverse, please correct them on your own drafts.
sorry for that.

Here is the Link for the PDF of Calculations by me (samimy).

Just updated your iPhone? You'll find new emoji, enhanced security, podcast transcripts, Apple Cash virtual numbers, and other useful features. There are even new additions hidden within Safari. Find out what's new and changed on your iPhone with the iOS 17.4 update.

9 Comments

Hi Brady, thanks for following this world.
glad to here you liked the project. as in regard of your question please refer to Kim's comment
that i answered.

So cool, but way above my level of competence.

i would buy this as well....
this is a wet dream item for me.
please let me know how i can get one!

Hi kim, thanks for nice comment.
as on the subject of buy and sell, i believe it would cost you a lot for transportation, cause it is heavy.
meanwhile,why just don't make one?
all the secrete was in the circuit, so i showed it up, here you can download it.
there are several HDDs around collecting dust.
if you have problems with the circuit, get a friend who knows about Electronics, it is easy.

here are the costs:

1.the HDD, $8 from 2nd hand shop.
2.The light sensor light, $5 from electricity store,(it was new being honest).
3.the 5V DC relay, $5 from electronic shop (new)
4.the resistors $4 from electronic shop (new), you can use old ones too from some broken circuit.
5.the clip lights amount 2, each around $6, it was used only by me.
6.USB cable $3 from 2nd shop.
7.USB charging cable for phone, $4 from computer store (new).
8.LEDs $6 from DIY store, New.
9.Pen hold wood chunk, and super Glue around $6, DIY store New.
10. Metal little thing for the smartphone stand and nuts and bolts, total around $7 from DIY store.
11. Switch $4 new, you can use an old one too.
12. the variable resistor and diode, from an old PC power supply, i had at home.
13.Transistor got it from an old circuit, anyone would work, just while it comes about NPN and PNP, just
little different connections.

14.Flash memory $ 6, i had at home.
15.little PCB, $4 from DIY store, new.
16. little flash light $2 from DIY store.

total:
$ 68 ~ $70
with this amount ($70) you can build your own, and use it for ever and enjoy it. but if i send you it will cost
you lot more. meanwhile you learn so many things while building it :)

i am here to help you if you had any question while making.

-samimy-

Totally useful project. Can't wait to build it.

Notes about the schematic:
1.on the PDF, there is a Variable Resistor 2Kohms, i forgot the Zero, sorry, it is 20Kohms.
2.the DC source polarities for LED's mistakenly connected in reverse, please correct them on your own drafts.
sorry for that.

I sent you a email if u did not get it

Do u think u can send me a free download video of u making the "hack hard drive into hidden flash drive cell phone charger" so I can try to make one.

Send to ffejbbab@yahoo.com

Share Your Thoughts

• Hot
  • Latest